[ilds] baboonism

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 7 14:52:01 PDT 2007

Well, Bill, then let's read Bitter Lemons and infer what those standards are.   The first paragraph of BL tells me that the author likes words, he has a vision, an inquiring mind, an artistic temperament; he looks for ways to develop that outlook; possibly he even wants to reconcile his inward nature with the outside world.  This guy is a Humanist in the making.  Will he turn out to be a Montaigne?  Let's read on and see.

Bruce