[ilds] baboonism

Pamela Francis albigensian at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 6 23:49:23 PDT 2007

The wikipedia list of postmodern authors demonstrates that the border
between modernism and postmodernism is leaky at best and sometimes
completely disolved; William Faulkner, Saul Bellow, Flannery o'Connor--John
Updike?  as postmodernists?  i can see the case for each (if I look
hard)--and I certainly read the Quintet as postmodern.  So what does really
distinguish the mod from the postmod?  And do we really have to have the
distinction? What purpose can such labels--esp.since they are only
nominal---serve?
Just wondering--Pamela