[ilds] DG Bitter Lemons -- maps

Richard Pine richardpin at eircom.net
Fri Jul 6 12:24:01 PDT 2007

When I visited LD in 1988, he had just received the advance copy of The
Mediterranean Shore . 'I've been analysed by Hogarth!' - he loved the
recurrence of names (this one of course from Dark Labyrinth). 'I can lend it
to you overnight, but you must bring it back - this copy - it's for Gerry'.
And the next day he had had a seizure and I had difficulty gaining access to
the house and to return the book (which I did).
RP