[ilds] ugly women

James Gifford gifford at uvic.ca
Fri Jul 6 12:16:32 PDT 2007

I might add, Durrell elucidates his political views on Cyprus fairly
explicitly in his article "This Magnetic Island," which he wrote
coinciding with the Turkish invasion.  He seems to be neither liberal
nor conservative, merely practical with an island and people he
clearly loved.

I can dig up my copy, should it be useful.

--James