[ilds] DG Bitter Lemons -- maps

slighcl slighcl at wfu.edu
Fri Jul 6 11:55:02 PDT 2007

On 7/6/2007 2:39 PM, Bruce Redwine wrote:

>Well, back to my question about maps, why doesn't Durrell insist on any, by and large, for his travel books?  Wouldn't this be a selling point?

Try the original printings of /Prospero's Cell/ and /Reflections on a
Marine Venus/, Bruce.  Those maps were there originally.  Then pick up
your phone and ask Faber & Faber, where did the maps go?

But then note how your 'Romantic' point might hold.  Durrell does not
favor Survey maps.  He likes the antiquarian look.

Good luck!

Charles

--
Wake Forest University