[ilds] bob montgomery's photos of cyprus

slighcl slighcl at wfu.edu
Fri Jul 6 07:20:57 PDT 2007

On 7/6/2007 8:42 AM, Smithchamberlin at aol.com wrote:

> Thanks, Charles. some of the images are marvelously evocative of the
> time. If one had the time one might download the appropriate images,
> print 'em and insert them in the appropriate places in Bitter Lemons.
>         Brewster

My pleasure, Brewster.

I have not been back to read /Bitter Lemons/ in many years.  So far I am
enjoying the moments of remembrance and surprise.  And then Bob
Montgomery springs up and shows us these wonderful black & white
glimpses of a world now gone a great while.

On that same site Bob has plenty of other interesting accounts and
pictures of his service years--being called up, taking a holiday in
1950s Turkey, &c.  Readers experience something uncanny while reading
all of this extensive, detailed reminisce written by someone about whom
they know nothing else.

I had written about things "exploding."  Note Bob's pictures of
buildings post-explosion.

Charles

--
Wake Forest University