[ilds] DG Bitter Lemons -- cyprus collector

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 5 21:18:55 PDT 2007

I rather like the woodcuts in Bitter Lemons.  A nice Crusader air.  But why didn't Durrell provide a map of the island?  One is much needed.  For example, when he lands at Limassol, the southern side of the island, I have no sense that the taxi drive traverses the fat part of the island to reach Kyrenia in the north, a journey of perhaps 100 miles.  I guess you could argue that all the ouzo shortens time and distance.

Bruce