[ilds] RG Justine -- Dutton omnibus

slighcl slighcl at wfu.edu
Thu Jul 5 09:19:33 PDT 2007

Yes, another bibliographical note to archive in our ILDS listserv.

Now that I am back at my office, I have sitting before me the 1962 Faber
one-volume /Quartet /and the 1962 Dutton one-volume /Quartet/.  After a
quick collation, checking the texts against each other at those
well-discussed points of potential difference, I can confirm that UK and
US 1962 /Quartet /printings are equivalent.  (You will never catch a
conscientious bibliographer saying "identical.")

I do not find in these Faber and Dutton 1962 one-volumes a transposition
of the "dedication" and "Note" as mentioned by Bruce.  That does not in
any way rule out such accidents happening--books share many signs of our
mortality--and I would be happy to hear reports of other examples.

Bruce, I am happy to say that if you have a Dutton 1962 with that
variant order the book's value went up just a nudge.

Charles

--
Wake Forest University
slighcl at wfu.edu