[ilds] Justine - pole star criminal

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 3 10:53:22 PDT 2007

Michael:

Yes, a perverse way to credit the discreditable -- that's my gut reaction.  And isn't that just like Durrell?  I also find the name puzzling:  Ahmed (Islamic?) Zananiri (Italian or European?).  Maybe such weird combinations were common in syncretic Alexandria -- you would know -- but it strikes me as odd and possibly reinforces the oxymoron of "pole-star criminal."

Bruce