[ilds] who reads Justine these days?

Vittorio Celentano vcel at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jun 17 13:23:23 PDT 2007

Did you mean " FNAC" ?

Vittorio Celentano

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc Piel" <marcpiel at interdesign.fr>
To: <ilds at lists.uvic.ca>
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 1:55 PM
Subject: Re: [ilds] who reads Justine these days?

> Fro what it is worth I asked at "la Frac" ( I
> think, french equivalent to Barnes & Noble in NY)
> and the answer was that LD still sells regularly!
> Marc Piel
>
> Anna Lillios wrote:
>
> > When I was a student at Bennington College, I took a course on the novel
from Alan Cheuse.  I didn't trust his judgment then--and I don't now.  He's
not the type of person to appreciate Durrell.  Who's read THE GRANDMOTHER'S
CLUB and THE LIGHT POSSESSED (Cheuse's novels)?  Just because he has a job
at NPR doesn't mean he is the nation's arbiter of literature that will last
the test of time.  His novels surely haven't.

  --AL

> > Dr. Anna Lillios
> > Associate Professor of English
> > Department of English
> > University of Central Florida
> > P.O. Box 161346
> > Orlando, Florida 32816-1346
> >
> > Phone: (407) 823-5161
> > FAX: (407) 823-6582

> > http://neglectedbooks.com/?p=163
> >
> >   :Michael
> >

> > slighcl <slighcl at wfu.edu> wrote:
> >
> > nudepainting%20copy.jpg
> >

> > **
> >
> > The hammer falls, a record tumbles ... for now
> >
> > The Age - Melbourne,Victoria,Australia
> > The painting, titled Justine, depicts Whiteley's wife Wendy on Bondi
> > Beach, reading the novel Justine by modernist writer *Lawrence Durrell*.
> > *...*
> > See all stories on this topic
> >

> > The Sydney Morning Herald Blogs: Stay in Touch
> > Hot on the heels of the record-breaking sale of Brett Whiteley's The
> > Olgas for Ernest ... Goodman announced yesterday that the large oil
> > painting Justine, ...

blogs.smh.com.au/sit/archives/2007/06/culture_whiteley_for_a_beach_h.html