[ilds] Durrell's verbal style -- more questions

MICHAEL HAAG michaelhaag at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 15 16:48:16 PDT 2007

Marc:

  Next time you meet that woman and find you are uttering to her verbatim not only what is on Maupassant's grave but his complete works and telling her they are your own, you will know the difference between casual assimilatation and something rather more industrious.

  :Michael

Bruce Redwine <bredwine1968 at earthlink.net> wrote:
  Marc, I like your post. Can you provide the French for "from bottom of my heart?" And do you recall the French on Maupassant's grave?

Merci,

Bruce