[ilds] RG Justine -- Xenophon's influence ends

MICHAEL HAAG michaelhaag at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 13 17:37:21 PDT 2007

Perhaps it would make an interesting project to identify those parts of Durrell's books that Durrell himself wrote.

  :Michael

Bruce Redwine <bredwine1968 at earthlink.net> wrote:
    body{font-family: Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color: #ffffff;color: black;}    Petronius's Satyricon?  The passage has a Felliniesque quality, which does suggest a cento.  Fellini's Satyricon appears in 1969, however.  I'd say Durrell has more than one source in mind.  The images are not particular, rather generic, so here I'd say, as Charles perhaps would, that he have a borrowing of "tone" or atmosphere.

Bruce