[ilds] Durrell's verbal style -- more questions

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 13 11:19:47 PDT 2007

Bill, I don't think any "ear is quite that good."  Why?  Writers are crafty bastards and are very good at changing disguises.  You teach Pynchon.  In The Crying of Lot 49, I think his imitation of Renaissance revenge tragedy very good.  Can you distinguish Pynchon from "Richard Wharfinger?"  I couldn't.

Bruce