[ilds] palimpsest

Durrell School of Corfu durrells at otenet.gr
Tue Jun 12 11:37:14 PDT 2007

I draw your attention to a not very well-written article b y Kim Verwaayen in (R Pine ed) Creativity, Madness and Civilisation (Cambridge SCholars Publishing, 2007) on Charlotte Gilman Perkins' 'The Yellow Wallpaper' in which the 'palimpsest' is discussed in terms of 'smooching' and scraping along the wallpaper - the story/novella is well-known, this treatment may not be.
RP