[ilds] durrell parodies

slighcl slighcl at wfu.edu
Mon Jun 11 18:12:28 PDT 2007

I have been reading about the parodies of Lawrence Durrell's style found
in Roger Angell's /A Day in the Life of Roger Angell/ (1970) and Malcolm
Bradbury's /Who Do You Think You Are/ (1976).  I have read neither of
these books.  Has anyone on the list read one or the other?  Is the
parody worthy of the subject?  That is, does it show us something that
we did not know?

The original reference to Angell's and Bradbury's Durrell parodies was
found in:

        "Impervious to Criticism": Contemporary Parody and Trash
        Terry Caesar
        /SubStance/, Vol. 20, No. 1, Issue 64. (1991), pp. 67-79.

Thanks!

Charles

--
Wake Forest University