[ilds] Durrell's art of pastiche

Marc Piel marcpiel at interdesign.fr
Tue Jun 5 15:10:37 PDT 2007

Hello everyone,
I came across this by accident: on the European tv
channel "Arté" tonight; "Jours tranquilles à
Corfu" (quite days in Corfu), an english dramatic
comedy by Sheree (sic) Folkson with Eugene Simon,
Imelda Staunton, Tamiz Merchant, Russelle Tovey,
Mathew Goode... Dans les années trente, une
famille britanique fantasque prend ses quartiers
d'été en Corfu.
I only looked at the beginning... that was more
than enough. After this monstrous mediocrity, I
would accept any brilliant and clever borrowings
from a tallented writer like LD. Surely we must
put things into perspective. How can such a film
be allowed????? This question is directed to the
academics and to the people who make laws on
intellectual property! In this case intellectual
poverty!
Marc Piel