[ilds] plagiarism and borrowing by authors

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 3 14:07:34 PDT 2007

My rule is simple.  If you write travel literature and use other sources, you make a note at the back and list them, as Durrell does.  If you use small or big chunks of someone else's prose, you find a way to indicate that (quotation marks, footnotes, direct reference to a person, etc.).  You don't, you absolutely don't pass off someone else's prose as your own.  That's deception.  Isn't this commonsense?

Bruce