[ilds] Durrell adds to his sources

Durrell School of Corfu durrells at otenet.gr
Sun Jun 3 07:05:20 PDT 2007

Well anything anyopne can do to elucidate 'Macon' would be helpful, but what I find astonishing about D is that, when asked what it meant he immediately came up with the facts about the Macon Council in 581 - he had no prior notice of the question, so it may be an indication of his ability to dredge up info - however irrelevant - at the drop of a hat.
RP
Incidentally, re 'Hogarth', he was very amused that it was Paul Hogarth who produced the .Mediterranean Shore ' - I've been analysed by Hogarth' he said to me.