[ilds] Atkinson and Durrell again one more time

william godshalk godshawl at email.uc.edu
Sat Jun 2 13:23:09 PDT 2007

" . . . he took part in the great council of Nicea, where he gave
miraculous testimony of the then disputed doctrine of the Trinity by
casting a brick (which he must have secreted about his person) to the
ground, where it immediately gushed fire and water in one."

"He was one of the fathers at the famous council of Nicaea, A. D.
325, and it is recorded that there he gave miraculous testimony to
the disputed doctrine of the Holy Trinity; for a brick which he had
in his right hand was suddenly hurled to the ground and from it a
stream of water and fire burst forth, thus demonstrating the Trinity
in unity."

This is an easy one.

I'll stop now. But it does seem that our boy was being a bit free
with poor Sophie's book.
W. L. Godshalk		*
Department of English         *
Cincinnati OH 45221-0069      *