[ilds] Cecil roof

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 2 09:08:58 PDT 2007

Great photos, Michael, but not in Alex Illus., regrettably.  Did you ever think of doing a book of old 1930 photos of Alexandria, such as the beach party with the man in his dinner jacket and the bold woman?  That kind of book I would really like to have.  Over the years you see similar books come out, e.g., The Last Empire:  Photographs of British India, 1855-1911 (Aperture, 1976). Maybe you could do a companion piece to a new edition of the Quartet.  Not exactly Egytomania, which has a market, but close.  Doesn't Routledge put out stuff like that?  Lord Mountbatten of Burma isn't around to write you a preface, but I'm sure you could find some notable.

Bruce