[ilds] Cecil roof

slighcl slighcl at wfu.edu
Sat Jun 2 07:22:59 PDT 2007

> Subject:
> Cecil roof
> From:
> Michael Haag <michaelhaag at btinternet.com>
> Date:
> Sat, 2 Jun 2007 14:52:16 +0100
> To:
> ilds at lists.uvic.ca
>
> To:
> ilds at lists.uvic.ca
>

> The roof of the Hotel Cecil is open for meals and drinks and for its
> wonderful views over the Eastern Harbour and along the Corniche.
> Herewith a couple of photographs I took in 2003, I think it was.
> There are more of Alexandria in my book Alexandria Illustrated.

I am happy to hear that the Cecil has made a return to some appearance
of her former strength, Michael.  I wonder if anyone has told Sofitel
that there is precious little romance about all of those air
conditioning units sitting in the middle of the balconies?  Or perhaps
those only sit outside the cheap rooms?

The other day while cleaning out an old file cabinet I discovered a
hotel manifest for the OMG 1996 conference.  There they were, all of the
old ILDS names along with room numbers.  I will set that aside to keep
against the day that OMG makes a return to Alex.

The Memory Man.

Charles

--
Wake Forest University