[ilds] Fwd: Plagiarism and borrowing -- some examples?

Michael Haag michaelhaag at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 1 19:52:15 PDT 2007

I published the first British edition (1982) on my own; when I produced
a revised edition in 1986, Oxford University Press in America came in
with me -- I subcontracted the US rights to them.  My first edition was
printed on good paper; the revised edition was printed on crappy paper
because OUP were too cheap to pay for quality, and they were taking the
larger part of the print-run.  There are some virtues to the reprint,
however, like the reproduction of Forster's hand-drawn map of
Alexandria and some alterations and extensions to the Notes; but you
will find all this and much more in Alexandria: City of Memory.

:Michael