[ilds] textual examples

william godshalk godshawl at email.uc.edu
Fri Jun 1 18:56:04 PDT 2007

Bruce, when I first found how much Durrell borrowed, I was disturbed.
At first, I defended his borrowings, and then I began to wonder what
was Durrell's and what was from the books that Alan Thomas sent him.

While I was calling for concrete examples, you and others were too.

Let's look at what we come up with, and then discuss the question of
borrowing and/or theft with specific examples in front of us.

Bill
W. L. Godshalk		*
Department of English         *
Cincinnati OH 45221-0069      *