[ilds] Borrowers

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 1 15:42:04 PDT 2007

Bill, you've done a study on LD's borrowings.  What is your conclusion -- was he a borrower or a thief?  Putting aside T. S. Eliot's quip about great writers stealing, how do you feel about that?  Looking at some of the examples in your 1967 essay, I feel uncomfortable with Durrell's "borrowings."

Bruce