[ilds] Harold Bloom

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Thu May 31 06:52:19 PDT 2007

Yes, Harold Bloom holds Durrell in high regard.  He ranks the Quartet among the greats in his book, the Western Canon, and he opens his study of Gnosticism, Omens of the Millennium, with a quotation from Monsieur.  So he's an example of one prestigious academic who appreciates LD.  I like Bloom; he's a great critic.  Now others can disagree.  Bloom would be a great "catch" for Pine's Corfu seminars.

Bruce