[ilds] RG Justine -- book reviewing for fun and profit

Durrell School of Corfu durrells at otenet.gr
Tue May 29 11:08:00 PDT 2007

This is ridiculous. Professional reviewers (of which I was one in the
1970s-80s) must skim other than the most notable titles otherwise they can't
do the work they are paid for (another topic we shall be addressing next
week without any input from the ILDS). It is obvious that Eagleton couldnt
possibly have acquired the minimal facts unlesss he had skimmed MacNiven.
Eagleton (for whom, I repeat, I hold no candle) was not 'shabby and
dishonest' - he just wrote what he felt about LD - is that so wrong?
Opinions please,.