[ilds] RG Justine -- book reviewing for fun and profit

Michael Haag michaelhaag at btinternet.com
Tue May 29 08:37:16 PDT 2007

I have only mentioned Richard Pine in the same breath because he
himself did -- he said that reviewers like himself and Eagleton did not
have the time to read entire books when reviewing them but he insisted
that Eagleton did at least skim MacNiven's book.  I can find no
evidence of that in the review.  If Pine equates his own efforts with
those of Eagleton's, and if he finds that sort of thing excusable, then
he is asking for the sort of reply I gave.  I have also reviewed books,
and I would be ashamed to turn in anything as shabby and dishonest as
that.

:Michael