[ilds] RG Justine -- book reviewing for fun and profit

Ilyas Khan ilyas.khan at crosby.com
Tue May 29 08:15:22 PDT 2007

Michael, I am afraid that Eagleton follows right in the slipstream of a
growing tradition of reviewers from the 80's onwards who don't realise that
their lack of anything other than the most passing of acquaintances with a
book will get picked up.

I make no comment here with respect to RP - and will avoid any interpersonal
stuff between the two of you, but I do add my voice to the increasing number
of people who bemoan the standards of the English book reviewer.