[ilds] Durrell and Eagleton

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Mon May 28 18:13:00 PDT 2007

Charles, thanks for making available Terry Eagleton's highly negative review of MacNiven's biography, which Eagleton apparently never read, given the misinformation in it.  But that's a minor detail.  If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Eagleton one of the principal speakers at the Durrell conference on Corfu a few years back?  If so, why?  In the interest of balance and diversity?  Or just because he was a Big Fish happy to find a little pond.  If an enemy of Durrell was honored, why not a non-academic such as Dr. Anthony Durrell?

Bruce

Eagleton on Durrell: