[ilds] Said & Durrell

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Mon May 28 11:53:33 PDT 2007

I guess I'm just dense (which others have pointed out).  But I don't see any problem with putting Lawrence Durrell and Joseph Conrad together in the same boat.  Anyone who wants to do that, no matter what their ulterior motive, offends me not in the least and raises no call to arms.  I care not a whit about the "fact and power" of the literary Establishment, which, by the way, brings to mind Said and his reverence for Michel Foucault.  Not only that, I liked Scruton's piece.