[ilds] RG Justine 1.27

slighcl slighcl at wfu.edu
Sun May 6 18:48:28 PDT 2007

> On 5/6/2007 9:34 PM, william godshalk wrote:
>
>I just checked my Pocket Book 1969 edition which ends with "So that .
>. . ." (a later reading), and it retains the earlier mistakes of
>"early" and "middle." Charlie, I realize that you have already
>pointed some of these strange textual problems, these mixed texts.
>Can I call them that?

Call it "continental drift among the plates."  Those little mass market
paper backs are pretty kooky.

And do not even bring up the Franklin Mint /Justine /(1980).  LD put his
signature on that edition--strictly speaking, as those who place
implicit faith in the author so often do, no other edition of /Justine
/carries LD's  /imprimatur/--and he wrote the new intro, but the text
moves backward and even omits the breaks between episodes.

Just remind yourself:  the author's intention = make his money while the
getting is good.

C--

--
Wake Forest University