[ilds] RG Justine 1.27

william godshalk godshawl at email.uc.edu
Sun May 6 18:34:58 PDT 2007

I just checked my Pocket Book 1969 edition which ends with "So that .
. . ." (a later reading), and it retains the earlier mistakes of
"early" and "middle." Charlie, I realize that you have already
pointed some of these strange textual problems, these mixed texts.
Can I call them that?

Bill

>That was a simple mistake and was corrected in a later Faber edition
>even before the 1962 Faber single-volume edition.  The correction
>reads: 'a diary of Alexandrian life as seen by a foreigner in the
>early thirties'.

W. L. Godshalk		*
Department of English         *
Cincinnati OH 45221-0069      *