[ilds] Justine's undies

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Sun May 6 18:25:00 PDT 2007

Inconclusive textual references aside, I think Michael's photo shows the standards of elegance among Durrell's beautiful Alexandrians.  And they are beautiful.  European women didn't start adopting Hollywood standards of female beauty until fairly recently.  Look at Fellini's women (e.g., the opening scene of La Dolce Vita, 1960).  I like extra-textual approaches to textual omissions.

Bruce