[ilds] RG 2003 Justine 1.19 -- soror mea sponsor

slighcl slighcl at wfu.edu
Thu May 3 15:01:52 PDT 2007

On 5/3/2007 3:23 PM, slighcl wrote:

> Worringer "Abstraction und Einfühlung'
> "When Tibullus says 'Primum in mundo
> fecit deus *timroem' *(The first thing God
> made in the world is fear), this very feeling
> of dread is admitted as the primal root
> of artistic energy"

There I go mis-typing LD's Latin in the notebooks, multiplying the
brokenness of the Creation.  LD has in fact written:

    fecit deus *timorem*

God this listserv is really getting Gnostic.  We should start typing out
our emails in geometrically arranged Greek letters.

As a result of this, I now think that the "sponsor" bit is at once LD's
innovation and a sort of charm against the Demiurge, ensuring good luck.

CLS

--
Wake Forest University
slighcl at wfu.edu