[ilds] RG 1.6 -- the narrator meets Justine

Michael Haag michaelhaag at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 29 16:24:01 PDT 2007

It seems odd that one should rely on the Dutton editions when Durrell
was working with Faber.  The Dutton editions are likely to contain
errors not of the author's or original editor's making, which if one
likes that sort of ambiguity and indeterminacy then fine, but it is not
original to the work.  They also preserve, as we see, earlier errors
that were corrected by the author.  Always best to work with the
material over which the author has had control.

:Michael

<image.tiff>