[ilds] RG women 1.12 and 1.14

william godshalk godshawl at email.uc.edu
Fri Apr 27 14:39:13 PDT 2007

Well, Darley (or the nameless narrator) claims the Pombal "pays one
of the Syrians" from Golfo's to spend an occasional night with him
(1.12). And in 1.14, he recalls lying beside a sleeping woman in a
cheap room. Of course, perhaps they were simply tired and needed some rest!

WLG

W. L. Godshalk		*
Department of English         *
Cincinnati OH 45221-0069      *