[ilds] [Fwd: Google Alert - "Lawrence Durrell"]

slighcl slighcl at wfu.edu
Fri Apr 27 14:16:34 PDT 2007

Since it will ultimately be tied to a search engine, this ILDS listserv
can be most useful as an archive of Durrelliana, a fund for publishing
LD-related news, no matter how apparently ephemeral.

With that in mind, I pass along an article on archeology in modern
Alex.  Perhaps no news here, but still we must be alert and honest
enough to realize that /any /mention of LD sustains and directs
attention to his works, shoring up his posthumous existence.  And given
the fact that digital distribution of articles like the one below far
exceeds readership for journals, scholarly monographs, conference
papers, or biographies, any LD sightings in the digital press are worthy
of note.

Enjoy--submit what you find--and then talk!

CLS