[ilds] Lawrence Durrell, Jacques Lacarrière (1981)

Marc Piel marcpiel at interdesign.fr
Thu Apr 26 04:33:56 PDT 2007

Is it a curious coincidence, but on the same site
a little further:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/durrell/video/xl8xq_mafish-durell-nicolas-barrie

There is a film (if you can call it that) on
Alexandria, a sort of "éloge" (It is very long and
sometimes the image is bad).

The initial link is an interview of "Jacques
Lacarrière" who wrote a book "Les Gnostiques" with
a preface by LD. Published by Gallimard in Paris.
Do not know if it was ever translated, but LD said
it was the best written on the subject and that he
used it as reference. The interview is from the
archives on INA (Institut National de
l'Audiovisuel) where there are 4 clips concerning LD:

http://www.ina.fr/archivespourtous/index.php?full=Durrell&action=ft&x=0&y=0

INA started recently putting all their audio and
video archives on-line: a very rich source indeed.
The interview by Bernard PIVOT, who ran a literary
programme in French TV for many many years
(regretfully stopped now) is well worth seeing; I
like the way it finishes "Dieu, Diable, Durrell.

Marc Piel,
Paris, France.