[ilds] the duck shoot on Lake Mareotis

william godshalk godshawl at email.uc.edu
Sat Apr 21 18:18:55 PDT 2007

Jamie,

Someone -- I think your wife or Charlie -- told me that you had found
the source for the duck shoot. This someone thought that the source
was Lane, Modern Egyptians. But I just checked Lane rather rapidly
(Table of Contents, Index, and skim -- not letting the book get
control of me) and didn't find a duck shoot.

If you tell me, I will keep it to myself. Honest. But I'm curious
because I searched for the source of that damned duck shoot for years
-- and obviously didn't find it. Recently I began collecting books
that Durrell used -- and I'd like to get this one.

Bill
W. L. Godshalk		*
Department of English         *
Cincinnati OH 45221-0069      *