[ilds] Andy's introduction

andy nampilot at cox.net
Sat Apr 21 13:15:02 PDT 2007

Re: [ilds] Andy's introductioni find few things truly beautiful.
but the thought below blindsided me with its stunning beauty.
yes, yes, that's exactly what durrell secretly desired,
to shock us all into the artist within, plumb it, and begin the writing trek.

as devil's advocate, i sullied his name with charges of base motives.

that is one take, largely from the viewpoint of a provocatuer.

but the deeper, secret, hidden flame, hiding in the hearth, as he and little justine listened to the shutters rattled by the wind, was that out from the far flung reaches of corfu, his ink lines would flow into the minds of all human beings, and incite the riot of desire taking place there, with the stunning outcome of awakening all the sleeping writers.

i can go all day long without coming across a thought beautiful enough to take my breath away, but for you to go to the deepest depths of human nature, and realize the creative act is the highest expression of god, and man's greatest subdued longing, gives a new gloss of meaing to the quartet, and the motives of the man who wrote it.

why else the abundancy of pearly lime green essences at the beginning of justine?

because he was a travel writer?

no, because he wanted to inflame the minds of everyman.

you are a writer.

wouldn't your greatest thrill be having thousands take up the pen because of your work?

so, yes, for all the tearful doldrums of staff meetings, when the starry eyed young graduate comes back and says, hey, doc, thanks for inspiring me to become a writer.  that's as fine as a fifty seven chevy convertible, corvette.

now go out and incite the masses.

smiles.

best to all,
bs'er andy

/  Yes, he sets a frame, yes it's his world we're invited into, but the expectation seems to be that we'll rewrite it and follow Darley's struggle to begin writing...  If not artists, the Quartet invites us to become creators, demiurges...

Best,
James