[ilds] Justine 1.2. -- Capitally

Michael Haag michaelhaag at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 19 10:31:30 PDT 2007

I do not recall off hand if Durrell describes Capodistria as a Greek or
what.  But the association is certainly Greek.  John Capodistria was
from Corfu and was the first president of independent Greece.
Assassinated by Konstantis Mavromichalis, he was.  But the
Mavromichalis and the Capodistrias later kissed and made up -- on Greek
television a few years ago.

:Michael