[ilds] RG Justine 1.8 -- Bleistein and Cohen

slighcl slighcl at wfu.edu
Wed Apr 18 16:23:48 PDT 2007

On 4/18/2007 6:27 PM, Bruce Redwine wrote:

> /We shall have a lot to discuss about that/. -- the Freud epigraph.
>
> Indeed.  And when do we start?  Maybe best it get it out of the way
> early.

Again, I must have learned my techniques as provocateur from Old D, the
demiurge's advocate himself.   With his control of his readers, he
perhaps planned the provocation--a bit of bating in the text--in order
to look down from on high and discern which readers will be left to
"sink or skim."  God is a Humorist &c. &c.  And how much of this
business echoes /cher maitre/ Henri M., perhaps more so Tom the Cat.  It
will all be most revealing, I am certain.

Paring my invisible fingernails--

CLS

--
Wake Forest University