[ilds] RG Justine 1.4 -- active reading & Justine

Marc Piel marcpiel at interdesign.fr
Tue Apr 17 08:24:42 PDT 2007

Yes, I agree too. Reading is definitely an active
sport. That is why I have never seen a good film
of a book that I have greatly appreciated: the
image in the film is the image of the maker of the
film and not the image my mind builds up when I
read. One reader will build up a different image
to another: it takes enormous talent for an author
to write so richly. I find it is much more
interesting to try to understand why something was
written and what relation it had to the author's
life, but dissecting the words does not change the
image one builds up.
Marc Piel,
Paris, France.