[ilds] RG Justine 1.4 -- active reading & Justine

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 17 07:28:27 PDT 2007

Haag says it well, and I think he is right.  Credit goes to the author.  I do not think "active reading" elevates the reader/critic to the status of the author.  The author has written the book, and the reader should try to understand what the author is doing.  As to "multiple readings," multiple does not mean valid.  And I do not find reading a "passive" activity.  It's hard.  Which may be one of the reasons films are preferred nowadays.

Bruce