[ilds] RG Justine 1.1 -"NOTE"

James Gifford odos.fanourios at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 13:33:29 PDT 2007

Hey Beatrice,

How lovely to hear your tones typed out here!

Alas, I suppose I must now curse my dictionary and my terrible Greek!  The
Oxford gives me "wasteland" in accord with Rae Dalven, though Keeley concurs
with your discussion of mental condition.  Anna's made a similar point to
me.

Am I incorrect in my edition?  I have ??????? for Cavafy, but I haven't the
grammatical skill to know if that might be an error in my book.  I've seen
???????? in a dual language translation of Cavafy into Swedish, but not
????????.  I may be committing an even greater sin of combining poor
language skills with an old oxford dictionary and a bad edition!

And yes, I have been reading your dissertation, and you're right that I'm
trying to lure you into our 'talk'...

Best,
Jamie