[ilds] [RG 2003 Justine 2]

James Gifford gifford at ualberta.ca
Fri Apr 6 13:30:00 PDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:12:46 +0100
From: David Brown <dkbrown at totalise.co.uk>
To: Anna Lillios <lillios at pegasus.cc.ucf.edu>
Subject: RE: [ILDS] ILDS:  Discussion Group--AQ.  Raper.

As I read Mountolive, their incestuous relationship is quite explicit:

"And then to [Pursewarden's] complete surprise, [Melissa] went on to
describe his sister.  "The blind one - not your wife."... "Yes", said
Pursewarden,"that is her.  That is my sister.".. Pursewarden told her
gravely: "She and I were lovers.  We shall never be able to love other
people." [Melissa] nodded gravely as he spoke of his love and his deliberate
abandoning of it, of his attempt at marriage, of its failure."

David Brown