[ilds] [RG 2003 Justine 2]

James Gifford gifford at ualberta.ca
Fri Apr 6 13:27:55 PDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:19:11 -0400
From: Julius Raper <jraper at nc.rr.com>
To: Anna Lillios <lillios at pegasus.cc.ucf.edu>
Subject: Re: [ILDS] ILDS:  Discussion Group--AQ.  Redwine.

Yes, about "Purse".  My intuition has often been that it refers to his
relationship with his sister, as an overly protective brother (warden) to
the point of incestuously Checking (that key word!) her sexual development.
But then she, in her lack of sight, probably needed extra protection and
through her neediness no doubt crippled P's anima development and
relationships, making poor broken Melissa his ultimate anima carrier.
By the way, doesn't Darley somewhere also refer to little Justine's
"biscuit"--an effective image that would make for an interesting set of
associations of money/sex/food--likely a natural one for a poor if not
starving artist.
Jack Raper