[ilds] [RG 2003 Justine 2]

James Gifford gifford at ualberta.ca
Fri Apr 6 13:26:05 PDT 2007

------ Forwarded Message
From: AJ French
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 14:18:05 -0400
To: <DURRELL at NEWS.CC.UCF.EDU>
Subject: [ILDS] ILDS:  Discussion Group--AQ.  Redwine.

Yes, the etymologies help, esp. re "purse."   Thanks, A. J. French.   The
delightful quote from Clea pretty much seals it, Durrell's association of
the
purse with female sexuality.   As for "Ludwig," the OHG also fits
Pursewarden's
personality, his combative nature, although I wonder if LD knew this.
Doesn't
Pursewarden say somewhere in AlQ, when filling out a bureaucratic form,
"Protestant, purely in the sense I protest."

Bruce Redwine

------ End of Forwarded Message