[ilds] [RG 2003 Justine 1.1]

James Gifford gifford at ualberta.ca
Fri Apr 6 12:13:26 PDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 01:28:05 -0400
From: Sumantra Nag
To: Anna Lillios
Subject: AQ

For a reader of Durrell who is not an academic in English literature
(although my wife teaches the subject in Delhi University), I find this
examination of the term _inventions_ fascinating.

I am familiar with Durrell's professed love of the Elizabethans, and the
critical literature on Durrell which has noted the resemblance with (or at
least influence of) the prose of Sir Thomas Browne in Durrell's wrting. It
would be very interesting to trace the development of the prose of the AQ.

Regards

Sumantra Nag