[CaBSSem] Diane Pecher

Steve Lindsay slindsay at uvic.ca
Tue May 16 12:56:17 PDT 2023

Hi. It was rude of me not to give Diane a proper intro before her cabssem talk last Friday.  So here is what I should have said.

Professor of cognitive psychology at Erasmus University in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Completed her PhD in 1999 at the University of Amsterdam under the supervision of Raaijmakers, followed by postdocts at Utrecht, UC Riverside, Emory, and Indiana.  Her work explores the cognitive psychology of memory.  Coauthor (with Rolf Zwaan) of a book published by Cambridge about the idea that cognition and language are grounded in sensorimotor processes, but also known for curbing claims regarding embodiment for abstract concepts.  Also often publishes with Rene Zeelenberg .  See https://realmemorylab.wordpress.com/

D. Stephen Lindsay, Ph.D
Professor and Chair
https://onlineacademiccommunity.uvic.ca/lindsaylab/

Pronouns: He/him